If there is one thing that seems to get people going, it has to be that overwhelming feeling that comes over you when you visit a friend’s squeaky clean home. It’s only when you get back to the clutter and congestion of your own home that you will begin to notice the subtle (and maybe not so subtle) differences between yours and your friend’s. And at that point, there is no turning back.
Not only does that sharp contrast in cleanliness beckon you to act, it urges you to do so almost immediately. You begin to clean your house in a daring, defiant mood, vacuuming, dusting, and catching up on house work that between seasons had – literally – been swept under the rug. But with all the huffing and puffing, you still find yourself exactly where you started: a tired mess incapable of rejecting your husband’s suggestion that you hire a local maid service to do the house cleaning. The question you must be asking not “why,” but “why not?”
Biting Off More Than You Can Chew: The Benefits of a Local Maid Service
Over time, overlooked chores can pile up. What seems to stop most of us dead in our tracks is the tremendous effort it takes to make all the months of dirt disappear at the wave of a magic cleaning wand. Maybe it’s because we try to bite off more than we can chew instead of simply doing what most people do – delegate responsibilities. Professional cleaning services are guarantee to leave your home so spotlessly clean that you will be able to see your own reflection in the tiles. What’s more is that it is so much easier to maintain what has been brought up to standard than to scrape off the layers of grime yourself in between work and family time.
A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
Now that all the clutter has been packed away, the cobwebs are all dusted, and the grease and grime is all dutifully scraped off, all that’s left is to maintain the pace that’s already been set. No doubt, you have been given a world of advice to get you started. Now it’s up to you to clean up after everyone. Here’s an action plan that’s focused around five main tasks to perform regularly:
- A quick wipe of the countertops after cooking.
- A rigidly enforced “after use” put-away system. Knowing the key centers of activity, or “hot spots,” in your home is one way of staying ahead of the game. Make sure that people in their hot spots are aware of the need to put things away immediately after use.
- Routinely doing the dishes soon after meals. Cleaning up after dinner can be made simple and fun by playing some music or cleaning the dishes with a friend or family member. It also helps to wash bowls, knives, and pots as you cook so that you can lessen the amount of work to do after a heavy meal.
- Schedule laundry days and chore lists. Everyone has to pull their weight otherwise nothing will change. Keep a schedule in clear sight of the family (if your children are old enough to help out) and watch closely as your home gets tidier with time.
- Pest and disease control by regular sanitation and fumigation if necessary. As much as your house may now have the appearance of a clean and well-organized abode, pests still need to be controlled to rid your home of potentially harmful, disease-causing bacteria. And if you have an air conditioning system, it will be worth your while to have the ducts and vents cleaned as well. Fungus has been known to build up unnoticed in such areas, posing a potential health risk if left unattended to.
Bringing order to otherwise chaotic living arrangements is not a walk in the park. As you may have realized by now, it is all about breaking the huge chunk of house cleaning work into tiny, chewable pieces. In all likelihood, it will begin with you enlisting the services of a local maid service, like The Maid Crew in Richmond VA, to get you back on track. And once that initial cleaning is done and taken care of, it’s pretty much a piece of cake from there on.